The Upper Deck Company, LLC (known as Upper Deck) is a California based sports card and memorabilia that sells collectibles world wide in a variety of sports.
Upper Deck received its first license to produce sports cards on December 23, 1988 for Major League Baseball. They produced their first Baseball Card set was 1989 Upper Deck baseball card set that was released on February 28, 1989.
In 1990, Upper Deck received their Hockey, Football and Basketball licenses, becoming the first company in ten years to be licensed by all four major American sports.
They would also add Golf and Tennis to their lineup in the next decade.
- The 1990 set included the first autogpraphed and first serial numbered cards ever created.
- The 1996 Upper Deck Basketball set would be the first to include a Game Used Card.
- Upper Deck Baseball (1989 to 2010)
- Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts Baseball (2001 to 2009)
- SP Authentic Baseball (1993-2009)
- Sweet Spot Baseball (2001-2009)